Eurobent is a geosynthetic clay liner made of two(or more) layers of geotextiles sandwiching a layer of bentonite,an absorbent aluminium phyllosilicate which swells on contact with water.
Bentonite absorbs water from the surrounding soil, its expansion is impeded by the layer pressure of the geotextiles membranes creating an impermeable lining material able to be used as a containment barrier in the contraction industry.
The use of Eurobent GCL replaces the need for traditional mineral sealants, it offers better sealing performance, it is more cost-effective and is more Eco-friendly. These
are the reasons that you should choose the EUROBENT solution.
- Its small mass minimises the cost of transportation and it is Eco-friendly, causingno harm to the environment.
- It is quick and easy to install, it does not require highly qualified personnel, expensive welding or the use of heavy sealing equipment.
- It has high sealing properties with predetermined permeability.
- Due to the swelling properties of Bentonite it is capable of self-repair in the event of small perforations in the geotextile layers.
- Available in widths up to 5.15 m.
- The certified quality of our product enhances on-site construction safety.
Bentonite is an absorbent aluminium phyllosilicate, essentially a clay consisting mostly of montmorillonite.
Due to its properties bentonite can be used in many different fields of industry.
Bentonite plays an important role in waterproofing due to its ability to absorb water and its low water permeability characteristics , combined with geotextiles in GCL it provides a self-sealing barrier.